Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm an undiscovered star!

7/8/11 – Seen on my ride home yesterday: A woman walking down the road with cute shorts and a top with bear house shoes.  Yes, you read right.  I said bear house shoes.  As I spotted her I thought her feet looked abnormally huge.  I got closer and had to squint to confirm the sighting.  Black fur, big, and toe nails sticking out.  Bear sighting in Sugar Hill!  Be warned people. 

So, I have finally made it.  I have worked from work the entire week.  I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to do it, but I made it through without being too overly tired. 

I have to mention my trip to Alabama for the 4th of July.  I have too many stories and too many updates that all my information tends to have a lag time.  Last weekend Todd and I trotted down to Lake Harding for a little R&R.  As I mentioned in an earlier blog we left town a day earlier than expected because I had already determined that church was going to be a no go, so why not start our weekend earlier? 

When we arrived we quickly settled in and started to enjoy ourselves.  My parents have recently moved from in town up the lake.  They are slowly turning the cabin into a home.  After settling in I had to access all the updates that they have made.  The place looks great but still feels like the cabin – I think that’s important.

We took the dogs outside and let them run around and play.  As we were watching the dogs run and about to head back in my dad said that he had told Sadie (my parents’ dog) that Buster and Percy and Lilly were coming to see her.  Todd and I both said “Lilly?!” at the same time.  (Lilly is my sister and Mark’s dog.  Erin and I grew up with the firm belief that the 4th of July was the best holiday and that we should always, always be at the cabin for the 4th.  Since Erin and Mark have moved to D.C. I had resigned myself to a weekend with her – sad.)  So, when I heard my dad say “Lilly” I couldn’t believe my ears.  He quickly said “Y’all didn’t know?! Y’all didn’t know?” We both responded “Know what? Are Mark and Erin coming?!”  Dad then says “Your mom’s going to be mad at me.”  Confirmed, Erin and Mark were coming!  Yay!  Dad went inside and told mom that he had spilled the beans.  I assured them that I was an undiscovered talent and could totally pass off my fake surprise as real.  I quickly sent a tactful text to Erin saying how awesome the cabin looked and how much I was going to miss her.  Man, I am good!  Erin and Mark showed up the following evening and I masterfully played out my fake surprise – not too much, and not too little.  Perfect performance, unfortunately my dad felt the need to tell them that he had already accidentally told us they were coming – personally I felt that took away from my awesome performance.    
The weekend was wonderful.  We ate a lot of good food.  We had barbeque, Brunswick stew, slaw, baked beans, and homemade peanut butter ice cream.  It was nice to hang out with mom, dad, Granny, Uncle Reggie, Erin, and Mark.  Good family time.  We relaxed, talked, and floated in the water. 
There is one more story that I have to tell to make the weekend adventure complete.  I broke Todd’s tooth.  Yep.  I chipped one of my husband’s teeth.  I was lying with my head in Todd’s lap because I was feeling puny.  Todd was drinking coffee and I couldn’t get comfortable.  Since I was uncomfortable I had to readjust.  I slightly raised up, well, to be honest I jerked my head up, and hit Todd’s coffee cup which then hit his front tooth and resulted in the afore mentioned chipped tooth.  I am a husband tooth chipper, husbands be warned.
If I could have anything to eat I would like some vanilla and chocolate mixed frozen yogurt.  My song of the day is “Circus” by Brittney Spears as a perfect complement to my awesome acting performance when Erin and Mark showed up.
Happy Friday! Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment