Sunday, July 31, 2011

I hit Buster?! Nuh,uh.

7/31/11 – Well, it was only a matter of time, but I’ve finally done it.  I ran into Buster.  First off, let me just say that Buster is fine.  I have done this two times now.  I think that’s what makes it so bad.  When Todd goes outside to cut grass he brings Buster because Buster likes to walk behind him or lie under the tree and relax.  Percy is not allowed outside when the grass is being cut because there is no way to monitor him.  Anyway, last Wednesday Todd was working the late shift and woke up when I did to cut our grass before heading in to work.  I get ready as usual – hurried mess running out the door with coffee rushing to my car at the last possible second.  I get in the car and start to back out.  I notice Todd is shaking his head in disapproval as I back into the road.  “What did I do wrong?”  “I didn’t cut anyone off.” “There’s no one behind me.”  “What is it???” I roll down my window and ask what he was shaking his head about.  He says “You hit Buster!  Didn’t you see him?”  (1) No, I did not see him because he is only 2 feet tall (2) I would have thought he would know better and get out of the way (3) This just proves the fact that I need a car with backup assistance.  Apparently I actually ran in to my dog with my car.  He yelped but I didn’t hear it and got out of the way.  He seemed alright to me.  But now I am very aware that I could be convicted of vehicular dogslaughter.  I’m a dangerous person.
Now that my true colors are showing, let’s continue this blog.  This weekend has been another good weekend.  I am still glad to be at home and not be on the road – so over that. 
Friday night I hung out with Yen as the guys were laying flooring.  She and I watched a little Project Runway.  We really took it to the next level by drinking wine, talking about the clothing and other random things, and watching the show when we got board.  I think that is the way I should always watch Project Runway.  That’s just a show you need a girlfriend to talk with about as you watch.  I find that the more I watch the show the cattier I get towards the other contestants.  By the end of the show I’m in full “Oh, no you didin’…!” mode.
Saturday I took it easy and finished off Project Runway in the man room – yes, you read correctly I said the man room.  Todd was at the gym so I thought my chances of not being caught in the act were reasonably low.  I am one of those people who takes notes as the contestants clothing walks down the runway.  I like to pretend that I am right there with Heidi, Michael Kors, and Nina Garcia critiquing the designs.  Fierce!  After watching my show I read for a little while and then went out to eat with one of my neighbors.  We went to Cinco and then wandered through Fresh Market.  ***Breaking News Flash:  The cupcakes at Fresh Market are awesome!  I think they are my favorite. ***
Yesterday early evening Todd has his 6th grade Sunday school class over.  My house was game central.  I decided to hide out in the guest bedroom and read.  I was afraid that any presence of estrogen might throw off the delicate balance of all that testosterone in the man room.  The guys headed home around 8:30ish leaving Todd and I free for the night.  We finished off the left over pizza from the party and watched a movie – 2012.  The movie was ok, but it was depressing.  It was about the world ending and everyone you liked in the movie and became attached to wound up dying.  Yes, I realize the movie was about the world ending but come on…after a while it just becomes depressing.  Someone has to survive.  It was a movie for crying out loud, it’s supposed to be unrealistic.
Today has been another great weekend day.  I’m not ready for the weekend to be over.  I went to church and then met some of my friends at J. Alexander.  I miss seeing Sean and Vanessa since we don’t work together anymore.  It’s nice to have a good meal and catch up.  Todd made a comment about me going out to eat two times the last two weekends and he never gets to come along.  Come on, Todd.  We could go out just you and me anytime, just say the word. 
Overall, it has been a good weekend.  I would like to sleep some more, but I never want to sleep during the day.  If I could have anything to eat I would like another cupcake from the Fresh Market – maybe triple chocolate this time.  My song of the day is one of my favorites.  The sermon this morning made me think about it again.  “Blink” by Revive.
Night y’all!
Check out the Phenix City Get Your Rear in Gear 5K Run/Walk – Diva Dash! 

No comments:

Post a Comment