Friday, July 15, 2011

Rain on a tin roof

7/15/11 – Happy Friday!  Today has been much better than yesterday. 
Fridays are those in between days.  You don’t feel good but you don’t feel as bad as you did the day before.  Of course I woke up feeling nauseous but at least I was able to eat today.  Fridays are also the days were I figure out if I’m going to have thrush the following week or not.  I’ve started taking my thrush meds when I start getting my usual icky throat feeling on Thursday to try to prevent any additional unpleasantness.  Today my throat is sore to the touch but there’s not much I can do about it.  Just take my meds and wait.
All of that probably sounds like I’ve had a crappy day, but in reality I haven’t.  I feel better than I did yesterday.  Todd ran to the store this morning to pick up eggs and milk and was sweet enough to get me some orange juice – orange juice makes my throat feel so much better.  We had a late breakfast of toad in a hole – toast with a hole in the middle that you fry an egg in, all of it smothered with butter and enjoyed with a side of bacon.  Vacation – yum!  After breakfast Todd and I enjoyed our coffee and then headed down to the pier.  Today has been a cloudy/rainy day but we took in a little sun while we could.  Todd left to go run and I relaxed and read my book.  The perfect vacation is just relaxing with your toes in the water while reading a good book – not to hot, not too cold, just a light breeze.  Today wasn’t the perfect day, but it was good enough for me.
The day has been pretty causal.  I have enjoyed sitting under the cabin in either a comfy chair or the hammock reading my book and sipping on a Coke.  You don’t get much better than that.  It has been a relaxing day. 
Todd has spent most of his day playing football and trying to build his winning season on NCAA 2012.  So far he is doing well.  It’s funny that he shouts at the game just like he does at the Auburn games on TV, you’d think it was real.
Tonight we are planning to have burgers and then enjoy a movie night.  I am a diehard Harry Potter fan so we are watching the first installment of the Deathly Hallows so I will be prepared for the new movie when I get to go see it.  Hopefully that will be soon.
I know this blog has seemed a little boring but I really am just relaxing and enjoying my mini-staycation.  If I could have anything to eat I would like something cool, maybe some sorbet?  My throat is still bugging me.  My song of the day would have to be something mellow, I’m thinking Jack Johnson… “Banana Pancakes”.
I love the sound of rain on a tin roof.  Good times.  Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment