Friday, October 19, 2012

Slow and Steady


Slow and steady wins the race, right? Ellis has been growing along well. He is now 3lbs 9oz. He is still working on perfecting his breathing while eating. He has his good days and his just par for the course day. I'm glad that he hasn't had a bad day.

I made a decision yesterday. The NICU should not be in the women's center. I am going to start a petition that the two areas should be completely separate. It's frustrating going into the hospital to see my baby that I can't bring home when I am passing women who are leaving with their beautiful full term babies. I don't dislike them. I want to BE them! I want that and some days it just plain sucks seeing that on my way to see Ellis. It's hard to focus on his progress because of that sometimes.

Todd and I went to a premie support group at the hospital last night. I really enjoyed it. It made me feel like not such an oddball. Everyone there had their babies super early and are going through or have been through the same thing as us.

I met with Ellis's occupational therapist yesterday and we are working on pacifiers or thumbs. Ellis sometimes takes a paci and other times he just lets his thumb sit in his mouth! So funny!

We are both doing well. Just taking it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment