Monday, October 15, 2012

Quick Update


This is just a quick update because things are so busy lately.

Ellis is doing well. He is still struggling with his breathing because of acid reflux during feeding. They have bumped him up to a 4 on his high flow cannula and put his feeding tube a little further in his stomach. So far he is responding well to the changes.

The nurses and doctor's assure me that this is normal for his gestational age and isn't anything to be concerned about. I'm just want him to be comfortable.

Ellis now weighs 3lbs 6oz. He "for real" smiled at me for the first time yesterday. (Sorry no pictures because I was too busy smiling back!). I was making a "mpp!" "mpp!" noise and as he looked in my direction he cracked this huge sidways smile. It happened a few times but each time Todd would try to record it Ellis would not cooperate. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Overall we are doing well. Lots going on, but we are ok. I'm feeling good myself and am plugging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment