Monday, August 22, 2011

Weird like me

Funny Face!


8/19/11 – You learn a lot about a person by just living with them.  For instance, I know that Todd: (1) doesn’t consider “straightened up” the same as “clean”, (2) is a complete snob when it comes to sporting goods, (3) believes his teeth are an acceptable cutting utensil and (4) that one pair of socks is able to single-handedly produce game winning home runs.

I mean, have you ever really thought about all the quirks of the person that you live with or even just people you see on a daily basis?  I know you see them.  I know you notice it too.  I happen to know for a fact that one of my friends considers coffee an important piece of the daily food pyramid and have another friend who believes that bleach is the best air freshener on the market.  Each one of us has things that we do or think that are unique and make us all a little odd.  Normal is boring. 

Think about it… What do you do or think that is only specific to you?  I happen to believe that (1) shoes are not an addiction they are a necessity (2) your hair is a way to express your personality (3) putting clothes in a basket in the closet is an acceptable form of cleaning (4) worms are deadly and it is perfectly natural to believe they could crawl into your car and attack at any given moment.  Those are just a few.  I have a ton more quirks to make me stand out and appear even weirder.  After you analyze your habits and start to believe that you are the weirdest person on the planet, trust me, I’ve got you beat.  Take some solace in the fact that someone (even if it is only 1 person) is more disturbed and weirder than you.

I mean, if you think about it, even the "normal" people are weird because not that many people are actually normal.  Think about it.  A normal person might (1) arrive to work on time, (2) wear kakhis and a navy blue shirt (not sure why, but that's just what I envision a "normal" person wearing), (3) drive the spead limit, and (4) have 2.5 kids and a dog.  Now, seriously, think about it.  Do any of those really sound normal to you?  Point made.  Even the normal people are weridos.

If I could have anything to eat I would like a cheeseburger.  My song of the day is "White and Nerdy" by Weird Al Yankovic.  LOL!


Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment