Thursday, August 18, 2011

Twilight Zone

Percy!


8/17/11 – One guess as to what I did last night after leaving the gym.

Eeeh (basket ball buzzer noise)! Wrong!  You would only be correct if you said “Drove to Alabama to drop off Percy”.  Technically Todd drove, but I still think the term is correct. 

Yesterday wound up to be a weird day.  Tuesdays are supposed to be normal, bland, boring days.  That’s what Tuesday have normally been for me.  Even when I was getting chemo on Tuesdays they were always just one other day.  Yesterday did not turn out to be a regular day.

I woke up, got ready for work, drank my coffee, drove in to work, got busy doing my job.  I didn’t do anything special.  I wasn’t dressed any different than a usual Tuesday.  I even forgot to pack a lunch.  Normal, normal, normal.  I had plans to go to the gym and then cook a boring chicken dinner.  Nothing special.

My day changed with a simple text message around 11:00.  The text was from my sister-in-law and simply said “Lexi is going into heat”.  Yup, I just threw it all out there.  No hiding it.  My sister-in-law’s Yorkie had gone into heat and she wanted us to bring Percy over to Alabama.  Seriously, how insane does that sound?  Drop everything and drive to Alabama to let her take my dog home.  And what did we do?  We drove to Alabama and dropped off Percy. 

All the animals I have ever had have always been fixed.  We didn’t do puppies or kittens in my house.  You got one animal because you wanted one animal, not 7.  When my mother-in-law gave me Percy Todd said that we should not get him fixed immediately and stud him out.  That’s right, my husband wanted to pimp out my sweet, adorable little dog.  All of that was way beyond me.  I wanted nothing to do with it.  I made it clear to Todd that if he wanted to stud Percy out he would be the one in charge of that.  That did not mean that I would be cut out of the profit though.

So, yesterday after I received and read the text I got a call from Todd.  I thought he was going to comment on how the timing was awful and that he would just have to find another female to breed Percy with, but he actually said to me “I told Ashley we wouldn’t be able to leave until 7:15 at the earliest.”  Hunh?  We were going to drive to Alabama and meet them that night?  Really?  My husband who complains that we are always too busy and never have time to spend on our house was just going to drop everything and drive to Anniston?  I was certain that I had been thrown into an alternate universe where up was down and Todd was easy going.  All because of a little dog?  Ok….but I wasn’t drivin’.

I had an appointment with a trainer after work.  I went and did my workout, then returned home to eat and hit the road.  I slipped further into the Twilight Zone because Todd got off work early and made dinner for us.  It continued to get weirder because he whipped up a delicious buffalo chicken pizza on a week night.  I have found that when your husband gets off work early, cooks for you, and all of a sudden doesn’t care so much about the house getting clean on time you don’t question it, you just go with it.  So, I enjoyed my dinner and then got Percy’s things together and Todd, Buster, Percy and I hit the road to ride to Alabama.

We drove to Anniston, which is half way, and dropped off Percy.  It was an odd expedition for a week night.  It was nice to see Ashley and Jason, but by the time we met I was so tired that I wasn’t very good company.  I fueled up on coffee for the ride home but Todd and I both knew I would fall asleep.  Todd pulled his Green Bay cheesehead out of the trunk for me to curl up with on the ride home.  Little known fact: A cheesehead makes a great pillow.

So that was my day.  Todd became another person, my husband cooked me dinner, we drove to Alabama just to drop off a dog, and I slept with a cheesehead as a pillow.  Yep, yesterday was definitely odd.

If I could have anything to eat I would like another slice of Todd’s buffalo chicken pizza.  My song of the day is "E.T." by Katy Perry.


Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment